Tuesday, 15 January 2019

Cross Member Repair

With the rear bulkhead now finished (YES!!) I have started on the cross member. I needed to remove the rest of the floor which was very satisfying.



But on closer inspection it wasn't looking all that good...



Once the loose rust was brushed away I set about with the flap disk and wire wheels to clean up that rusty metal which mostly turned out ok in the end.


So I applied my first coat of rust converter which I will then remove and reapply a second coat once I have made sure there is no more rust hiding under the surface metal.


Should be able to get the cross member in soon.

No comments:

Post a comment